I just released version 1.6.0 of Elpy, the Emacs Python Development Environment. This is a feature release.
Elpy is an Emacs package to bring powerful Python editing to Emacs. It combines a number of other packages, both written in Emacs Lisp as well as Python.
(require 'package) (add-to-list 'package-archives '("elpy" . "http://jorgenschaefer.github.io/packages/"))
M-x package-install RET elpy RET.
Finally, run the following (and add them to your
Changes in 1.6.0
- When point is on a line with a flymake error, Elpy will now show the error in the echo area.
- The movement commands (C-<cursor>) have been reworked again. Going left and right will now move by indentation levels left of the current indentation, i.e. jump four spaces, and by words right of the current indentation. Going up and down will go to the previous or next line with the indentation level point is at, not the indentation the line has. Try it, it's more difficult to explain than to use.
- Completion results are now sorted more sensibly, with single-underscore symbols at the end, and double-underscore symbols after normal symbols, but before single-underscore ones.
- M-x elpy-config will now point out if there are newer versions available for packages used by Elpy.
- M-x elpy-config will now warn if ~/.local/bin is not in PATH while there is no virtualenv active.
- The M-x elpy-version command is back by popular demand.
- RPC buffers used by Elpy are now hidden by default, having a space at the beginning of the name.
- When the Rope library throws an error, Elpy will now also attempt to provide reproduction steps. This used to only happen for Jedi.
- Various bug fixes.