Version 1.1 of Circe, the Client for IRC in Emacs, has been released.
Read more about Circe on its homepage: https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/circe/wiki
Circe is available from Marmalade.
- If a user leaves the channel and rejoins within a short time under the same nick, Circe will now remember the active/lurker state of that user.
- Circe now can also set a user as "lurker" again if they haven't been
speaking for a while. This is disabled by default. See
circe-active-users-timeoutfor more information.
- The heuristic to identify whether lisp symbol in the channel buffer is a function or a variable has slightly improved.
- The variable
tracking-ignored-buffersallows functions in addition to regular expressions now.
- Newer versions of bitlbee are now supported out of the box.
- Additionally, there were various bugfixes.
Thanks to Taylan Ulrich B and John Foerch for their contributions. Circe wouldn't be where it is without you.