I just released version 1.3.0 of Elpy, the Emacs Python Development Environment.
Elpy is an Emacs package to bring powerful Python editing to Emacs. It combines a number of other packages, both written in Emacs Lisp as well as Python.
(require 'package) (add-to-list 'package-archives '("marmalade" . "http://marmalade-repo.org/packages/"))
M-x package-install RET elpy RET.
Finally, run the following (and add them to your
Changes in 1.3.0
- virtualenv.el has been replaced by pyvenv.el, as that library offers more features.
- elpy-rpc-restart now works globally, not just in Elpy buffers.
- Elpy does not try to complete in comments anymore.
- The new command elpy-rpc-traceback gives access to the last stack trace in the Elpy backend, helping with debugging problems.
- The flymake check function is now run with the current directory as / to avoid accidental imports.
- Ensure correct handling of yas-snippet-dirs by Elpy. This variable can be a string, so ensure it's a list before adding to it.
- The new variable elpy-show-installation-instructions can be used to disable the installation screen.
- Fix a very nasty bug causing spurious empty lines in a buffer or consume 100% CPU in certain situations when using the Jedi backend. Thanks to Matthias Dahl for finding this bug.
- Various other bugfixes.