Version 1.3 of Circe, the Client for IRC in Emacs, has been released.
Read more about Circe on its homepage: https://github.com/jorgenschaefer/circe/wiki
Circe is available from Marmalade.
- This is primarily a bugfix release
- Tracking should now update the mode line slightly more reliably
- Server notices are now handled more sanely
- Added a help command (thanks to Alex Chamberlain)
- Fixed completion code for Emacs trunk
- Fixed the reconnect process to avoid some problems with SSL
- The server option :pass can now be a function to look up passwords dynamically (thanks to Alex Bennée)
- Don't try and send commands in a deleted buffer
- Don't use add-to-list on local variables, that's not supported in lexical scope
- Shorten now has a new utility function for different buffer shortening, shorten-join-sans-tail
- Various docstring clarifications were added
- Thanks to John Foerch for all the work he's done for this release