I just released version 1.10.0 of Elpy, the Emacs Python Development Environment. This is a feature release.
Elpy is an Emacs package to bring powerful Python editing to Emacs. It combines a number of other packages, both written in Emacs Lisp as well as Python.
(require 'package) (add-to-list 'package-archives '("elpy" . "https://jorgenschaefer.github.io/packages/"))
M-x package-install RET elpy RET.
Finally, run the following (and add them to your
Changes in 1.10.0
- Marking the current indentation level at the top level will now mark the whole buffer.
- The region will be normalized before re-indenting it, making the behavior more predictable for partially marked lines.
- Using autopep8 on the whole buffer will now keep point (roughly) at the same location as it was.
- The autopep8 code now also uses the same configuration options as the command line tool.
- Malformed JSON data from the backend is now handled better.
- RPC processes are restarted when the current virtualenv changes.
- Python 3.5 is now officially supported.
- Flymake will now not be enabled in buffers without file name, where it can't run anyhow, or when the checker program does not exist in the first place.
- It is now possible to ask Elpy not to remove the mode line lighter of company mode, which can be useful if you use company in other modes.
- Test discovery now also allows file names without "test" in them to be tested. Classes and methods still require the substring, though.
- Spurious equals signs at the end of completions from Jedi will now be ignored.
- Various other bug fixes.
Thanks to ChillarAnand and Georg Brandl for their contributions!