I just released version 1.11.0 of Elpy, the Emacs Python Development Environment. This is a feature release.
Elpy is an Emacs package to bring powerful Python editing to Emacs. It combines and configures a number of other packages, both written in Emacs Lisp as well as Python.
(require 'package) (add-to-list 'package-archives '("elpy" . "https://jorgenschaefer.github.io/packages/"))
M-x package-install RET elpy RET.
Finally, run the following (and add them to your
Changes in 1.11.0
- Elpy now supports yapf in addition to autopep8 to format your code.
- You can now adjust whether Elpy should hide modes from the mode line or not using elpy-remove-modeline-lighter
- When the new option elpy-disable-backend-error-display is set, Elpy will not show its error pop-up anymore. This can be useful if you run into an annoying bug in Jedi, for example.
- New command elpy-goto-definition-other-window on C-x 4 M-..
- Expanding super now gives the short form supported in Python 3.
- All Rope errors are now caught, as the upstream maintainers did not show interest in distinguishing between malformed input and bugs in their library.
- Various other bug fixes.
Thanks to ChillarAnand, Clément Pit–Claudel, Daniel Gopar, Moritz Kuett, Shuai Lin and Zhaorong Ma for their contributions!